Information for Buyers
Are you ready to buy a home? Purchasing a home will likely be the most significant financial decision you will make in your lifetime. And it can also be one of the most emotional and daunting challenges you face as well. The key to finding that perfect home for you starts with taking the time to carefully evaluate your finances and counseling with a real estate professional like myself, who can provide the needed information and personal guidance that allows you to make an informed decision. Remember, you don’t have to know everything… I am ready to help you through every step of the home buying process.
Let me be your trusted Real Estate Agent
When you are looking for a real estate professional to help you, know that above all else, good agents put their clients first. This is your dream, and your agent is your advocate to help you make your dream come true! I don’t take this lightly; trusting who you work with is the key to a successful relationship.
A great real estate agent will:
- Educate you about the current conditions of the market.
- Analyze what you want and what you need in your next home.
- Co-ordinate the work of other needed professional throughout the process.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criterial and budget.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal possible.
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
- Inform and discuss with you, and suggest solutions to solve any problems that may arise.
To make the home buying process as painless as possible, I can introduce you to lenders that are part of my “success team” and who play a very integral part in coordinating the financing for your purchase. These professionals work cooperatively with buyers hand-in-hand to make the home purchase a smooth process.
What a lender will do for you:
- Review your current financials.
- Discuss the options available to you during the home purchasing process.
- Guide you to an appropriate price point.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal – price, interest rates, loan approval.
Keep you informed and updated of the entire financial process throughout your purchase.
Finding your Home
So you’ve met with your trusted advisors, and now you’re ready to begin searching for that perfect home. But how or where do you start? There are a lot of homes out there and diving in without a guide can quickly become overwhelming and confusing. I will help you more accurately pinpoint homes that fit your criteria. The right home will meet all your important needs, and as many of your additional wants as possible. I can help guide you with local market knowledge, historical statistics and trends that can help guide you home.
Some home need questions might include:
- What amenities are crucial for you and your family?
- How much space do you need and why?
- Which is more critical: location or size?
- Would you be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is home value appreciation?
- Is the neighborhood you are in important?
- Is accessibility to main routes or to work/play important?
- What features are not negotiable in your new property?
You’ll learn as you look at homes, your priorities will probably adjust along the way. I have a Buyer's Packet that I can provide that will help you formalize the perfect home.
Making an Offer
Once you’ve found a home you love, the next step is to make an offer to the seller. It’s important to remember that a home is an investment. As your agent, I can give you information on other properties in the neighborhood to help you ensure you make an informed decision when it comes to price. Look to me to explain and guide you through the offer process.
Some things to consider when deciding on price:
- Listing Price – Start with the price point that the home is listed at as a base to the home’s value.
- Market Analysis – Your agent will give you an idea of the value of “comparable” homes in the neighborhood to help you decide if the price point is on par.
- Improvements – Your agent can give you a list of improvements made to the home and help you determine its market value.
Performing Due Diligence
Along with determining a home’s value based on improvements, it is also important to understand problems with a home before you complete this transaction purchase. By utilizing a professional home inspector, you can receive important information as to the home’s current physical condition, as well as a list of potential repair items that may impact the home’s value. By utilizing professional inspectors and experienced real estate agents like myself who can negotiate and help you successfully complete all the due diligence, you can relax and rest assured knowing that your investment is being properly evaluated and protected.
Once you have determined the right home at the right price, you are in the “home” stretch! But, in order to ensure that you don’t put the property purchase at risk, you have a couple responsibilities that you’ll need to keep in mind:
Staying in control of your credit and finances – Do not make any large purchases during this time. It’s important to keep your financials steady throughout the completion of the buying process. Talk to your financial consultant for guidance.
Keeping in touch with your agent and financial consultant – It’s important to stay in constant communication with myself and the financial lender during this process.
Be sure to return all phone calls and complete paperwork promptly – Don’t be afraid to ask questions of me or any of the qualified vendors working for you. We are here to help!
Protect Your Investment
Congratulations and welcome home! The home-buying process is complete, which means it’s time to have a good maintenance plan. It’s now your responsibility, and in your financial best interest, to protect your investment for years to come. Performing routine maintenance on your home’s system now is always more affordable than having to fix big problems later. Be especially sure to watch for signs of leaks and wear.
Just because the sale is complete, my relationship with you has only begun! After you buy, I value our relationship and trust you have place in me and I look forward to assisting your friends and family… I am never too busy for your referrals.
Why buy with Scott Powers and Bend Premier Real Estate?
We love helping buyers find their dream home! That's why we work with each client individually, taking the time to understand their unique lifestyles, needs and wishes. You get unsurpassed team support from myself and a brokerage who understands the “art of the deal” with Buyers particular needs.
When you work with us you get:
A knowledgeable and professional real estate agent-Scott Powers. A committed ally to negotiate on your behalf. The systems in place to streamline buying your home. And, the backing of a trusted company, Bend Premier Real Estate.
We commit to helping you with your home search by:
- Previewing homes in advance on your behalf.
- Personally touring homes and neighborhoods with you.
- Keeping you informed of new homes on the market.
- Helping you preview homes on the Web.
- Advising you of other homes that have sold and for how much.
- Working with you until we find the home of your dreams.
Have any questions? Contact me today. And happy home-owning!
© 2020 Oregon Datashare (KCAR | MLSCO | SOMLS). All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of the Oregon Datashare. Real estate listings held by IDX Brokerage firms other than Bend Premier Real Estate are marked with the Internet Data Exchange logo or the Internet Data Exchange thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing Brokers. Information provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties the viewer may be interested in purchasing. The consumer will not copy, retransmit nor redistribute any of the content from this website. Information provided is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Listing courtesy of Bend Premier Real Estate. Data last updated: March 22nd, 2023 at 10:15pm PDT.